Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bad Monday

About four months ago, after a fabulous week Munro bagging in Scotland with my mate Andy, I had a bad Monday. A 'drop everything and go to this meeting' kind of Monday. The meeting was relatively high powered, and completely rubbish. Pointless. I'd never seen so many angry & depressed people in one place since my last visit to the Ricoh Arena to watch Coventry City . In the evening, I decided months of deliberation & procrastination should come to an end: I emailed a bloke who used to be one of my bosses, now happily managing Wellington Free Ambulance in New Zealand. I didn't exactly say 'gissa job', but that was the gist of it.
Four months later.....
House, car, dogs, guitars, job, colleagues, friends, family, bikes, campervan, computers, TV, hifi, kids, emotions, places.........
Everything is up for grabs when you decide to move to the other side of the world. The title of this, my first attempt at a blog, refers both to the fact that NZ is - relative to the UK - 'upside down', and to the fact that this moving business has indeed turned my whole life upside down. It's mostly aimed at friends who want to know why/when/were/how etc., but if you've browsed your way here for any other reason, I'll try not to bore you too much.
I bet your first questions is 'what are you going to do about the dogs?'

No comments: